Residential and commercial cockroach extermination and control in Hamilton and surrounding areas is the most effective way to treat a cockroach-infested property. While using do-it-yourself products and chemicals can get rid of a roach or two it will not get to the root cause of the problem and cannot wholly control a cockroach infestation and keep your home or office building cockroach-free all year round.
Cockroaches are one of the most common pest problems in many homes and offices across Canada. They are also one of the most challenging pests to treat and control.
Cockroach infestations are hard to get rid of for a number of reasons.
- Roaches are known for their ability to adapt and survive. They can live on whatever food sources that are available to them, such as sewage, decaying items, fatty foods like meat and cheese, starchy items like cereal and sweets and sugar. They can survive in temperatures as cold as 32 degrees Fahrenheit. They can even continue to live without their heads for as long as a week. Their incredible resiliency and survival tactics make controlling and eliminating these pests very difficult.
- Cockroaches breed very quickly. Just one female roach can produce anywhere between 200 to 300 offspring in a year. What’s more, baby roaches can grow into adults in as little as 36 days. These facts mean that a small number of cockroaches can quickly develop into a much larger infestation problem in a few weeks or months as long as they have food, water and shelter.
- Many types of cockroaches are tough to kill because they can be very hard to find. They like to stay hidden during the day and typically come out at night to sneak around. Familiar cockroach hiding places include kitchens and bathrooms, especially where there are leaky drains, pipes and faucets because they like warm, moist areas where there is sufficient moisture for them to live and breed. They can also be found within cracks and crevices of walls or behind wallpaper and every nook and cranny where they can easily flatten their bodies and remain hidden.
- Eliminating and controlling cockroaches can also be very tricky depending on the species. Most types of roaches are extraordinarily adaptable and may even be resistant to some home products and extermination methods. Professional pest control services use different techniques to get rid of different species of cockroaches. Often, the most effective cockroach extermination and control will require more than one type of treatment method.
Dealing with a cockroach infestation can be tough. It’s highly advisable to hire a reliable pest control professional to eliminate cockroaches entirely from your property as these stubborn pests are notoriously difficult to exterminate with home products and methods. At Petty Pest Control Services, our highly trained technicians know how to apply the best treatment options to get rid of cockroaches in your property and keep it pest free for long-term.
Professional Cockroach Control for Homes and Offices
Cockroaches are widespread pests found inside homes, apartments, restaurants, schools and other commercial buildings. However, there should be no place for these dirty creatures in your home or place of business. Cockroaches are unsightly and unsanitary and can be a health hazard and cause severe problems if not taken care of in a timely manner.
- They can feed on human food and water supply and defecate and regurgitate on the food that they eat and spread bacteria and parasites that are living inside of them through their waste matters. Once roaches contaminate food, this can lead to infections such as diarrhea, typhoid, Hepatitis A virus and other very serious food poisoning diseases.
- Cockroaches are also one of the most common allergens. Their saliva, feces and shedding body parts can trigger allergic reactions on people prone to cockroach allergies and cause all sorts of symptoms such as chronic stuffy nose, ear and sinus infections, itching, redness and severe asthma.
- When an infestation is particularly bad, cockroaches can become aggressive in large numbers and attempt close contact with humans. They are known to crawl over humans who are sleeping or are disabled and enter body cavities such as inside the ears, nose, and open mouths.
- Cockroaches can damage the reputation of your business and your bottom line when it causes employees to become sick or customers to leave bad reviews about how dirty your place is.
- An infestation can also cost your business a lot of money, particularly if your building does not comply with health and safety standards set by the City of Hamilton and the Province of Ontario and you are ordered to pay regulatory fines and penalties.
Cockroaches can multiply incredibly fast if they are not quickly controlled. Chances are if you see one roach in your home or building, there’s a good chance hundreds more are hiding someplace that you can’t see. In many instances, it is easier to find visible signs of a cockroach problem than the actual insects.
Signs your home or building may be cockroach infested:
- Cockroach droppings – Roaches leave behind brown-black cylindrical feces about 2mm long that have ridges and look like finely ground black pepper or coarse coffee grains.
- Shed cockroach skins – Cockroach nymphs shed their old skins 5-8 times throughout the moulting process as they mature to adult cockroaches. When they start shedding their old skin, they find a place to remain hidden until their new skin hardens and darkens.
- Egg cases – Hard, oblong, brown sacs that carry many eggs known as ootheca. When the cockroach eggs hatch, the egg case is left behind.
- Smear marks – Long, brown, irregular shaped smear marks on horizontal surfaces where cockroaches tend to scuttle along.
- An unpleasant oily smell – Large numbers of roaches leave a lingering pungent, musty odour that taints the air they live in and everything they come into contact with or touch.
Once you start noticing these warning signs, you definitely have a cockroach problem on hand, and you need to deal with these unsightly pests quickly to exterminate and control a potential roach infestation on your property and to ensure the safety of your family or employees and customers.
Petty Pest Control Services provides both residential and commercial cockroach extermination and control services in various locations across the Greater Toronto Area and southwestern Ontario. Our expert technicians can provide the right solution to keep roaches out of your home or building all year round.
Affordable Pest Control Services for Cockroach Extermination
Knowing that cockroaches are living in your home or workplace can be very distressing. Petty Pest Control Services will help you get rid of pest cockroaches in your premises quickly and effectively.
We remove and prevent the most common species of cockroaches found in Ontario:
- German cockroaches
- Oriental cockroaches
- American cockroaches
- Brown-banded cockroaches
- Wood cockroaches
We use a fully integrated approach and our award-winning customer service in all our cockroach pest control services.
- A comprehensive inspection to identify the type of cockroaches you have.
- Provide a quote and recommendations for a customized cockroach removal and treatment plan that is specific to your property’s needs.
- We offer flexible scheduling and emergency visits to execute the treatment plan at a time convenient to you.
- Provide aftercare solutions and advice to keep pesky cockroaches away and ensure that all sources of food, water, and nesting locations are eliminated.
Cockroach pests and their eggs can increase rapidly in any environment. The smallest roaches can carry and spread serious diseases just as frighteningly as the larger species. Even the cleanest and tidiest homes and offices are likely to be infested with cockroaches at some point. Although sanitation and hygiene are critical to avoiding a severe infestation, only professional pest control methods can completely eliminate cockroaches and effectively exterminate a full-blown cockroach infestation.
At Petty Pest Control Services, we ensure that your homes are safe for living in and your buildings are fit for occupancy. We have licensed pest control professionals with years of experience in cockroach extermination and control servicing various homes and businesses around Hamilton, Toronto, Mississauga, Oakville, Guelph, Kitchener- Waterloo, St. Catharines, Niagara Falls, Niagara-on-the-Lake, Fort Erie and Simcoe.
Call Petty Pest Control Services at (289) 439-4343 or contact us online to request for a home cockroach control estimate or submit a request for a commercial cockroach control consultation. Contact us also 24/7 for emergency services.